WIC participants can choose how they receive nutrition education for follow-up visits. Follow-up visits can be in person, by phone, or online. Once you’ve discussed nutrition education with the participant, you can issue food benefits to the family’s eWIC account without having the participant come to the clinic.
Phone Counseling Module and Support Materials:
The Colorado WIC Program requires staff to successfully complete and pass the phone counseling module/post-test and phone observation checklist before routinely providing this Education Choice option to participants. Once completed, document completion according to the instructions in the observation checklist.
- The Phone Nutrition Education module is located on CO.TRAIN, course ID 1069441.
- Phone Observation Checklist.
- Support Materials:
- Phone Counseling Email Template.
- Phone Module: Activity 3 Script.
An online system that offers a variety of health and nutrition lessons in English and Spanish for WIC participant.
- Beyond the Traditional: Offering Education Choice, March 21, 2017 | PowerPoint.
- Education Choice: What it means to you and your staff, Jan. 25, 2017 | PowerPoint.